Mailscanner converting HTML messages with FORM tags

Lancaster, David Matthew dml at UNB.CA
Mon Oct 20 14:38:27 IST 2003

Quoting Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>:

> At 12:49 20/10/2003, you wrote:
> >Ever since I installed mailscanner-4.24-5, HTML messages with form tags are
> >being converted to plain text, since it appears that HTML forms are now
> >considered "Dangerous HTML".
> >
> >We'd like to be able to continue using the "Convert Dangerous HTML" option
> >convert Iframe and Object Codebase messages, but we'd like to exclude HTML
> >forms without having to maintain large sets of rulesets.
> >
> >Perhaps the Allow/Convert options could be restructured to something like
> >this:?
> >Allow Form Tags = { yes | convert | no}
> >Allow Object Codebase Tags = { yes | convert | no}
> >Allow IFrame Tags = { yes | convert | no}
> >
> >This would also allow further selection of criteria (e.g. javascript, etc)
> as
> >"Dangerous HTML", while still allowing a great deal of tuning.
>
> Would you like to be able to strip _all_ html out of some messages, or just
> strip out a few specific tags from some messages? The latter is much harder.

I don't currently have the need to strip out specific html...just to select
which of the three criteria (iframe, obj codebase, form) will cause the message
to be converted to plain text.

D.