Pyzor, Razor, and DCC? {Scanned by HJMS}

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Oct 20 12:02:45 IST 2003

Peter Bonivart <peter at UCGBOOK.COM> wrote:

>I think that since they all share the same idea you shouldn't use more
>than one, just bump the score instead. At least in theory they should
>give the same result most of the time. You wouldn't query the same RBL
>twice, would you? You would double the score instead if you trusted it.

The different checksum databases have different policies, in a similar
way to the different policies of the various DNS blacklists. There
are good reasons for using as many different spam identification
mechanisms as possible, even if some are just variations on a theme.

Tony.
LANDS END TO ST DAVIDS HEAD INCLUDING THE BRISTOL CHANNEL: NORTHEAST 6 OR 7
BACKING AND DECREASING NORTH 4 OR 5 THEN WEST TO NORTHWEST 3 LATER. SCATTERED
SHOWERS. MOSTLY GOOD. MODERATE OR ROUGH DECREASING SLIGHT OR MODERATE.