Local DCC 'server' and MS?

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Wed Oct 15 09:50:59 IST 2003

Hello all...

Reading this
http://news.spamassassin.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=56&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

and also upgrading to SA 2.60, which mentions this when doing a
'-D --lint':

debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is available: /usr/local/bin/dccproc

... are people out there running their own DCC servers/peers, or know
what this 'dccifd' is?

I've just been using the dccproc thing generally, but I've grown more
concerned that I'm essentially 'taking' and not putting anything back
(like peering, or adding DCC signatures or Razor sigs for incoming mail
back into the 'pot', as it were)...

Is anyone doing anything like this? Is there somewhere that MS could
actually 'report' mail automatically in the way razor-report, etc. do,
or is this all something that needs to be done at the MTA level?

Thanks...