ANYONE ??? Uninstall and install the new version. {Scanned }

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Fri Oct 10 22:20:42 IST 2003

> I have Version 4.22-5. I have to reboot my mail server everyweek do to
> memory problems with Mailscanner.

No offense, but I sincerely doubt that.  At the very least, if you *have* to
reboot to clear the problem, then the problem is absolutely NOT with
mailscanner but is instead with your OS.  When an application exits, the OS
should clean up all memory used by it - if it fails to do so, the fault
belongs to the OS, not the application.  In other words, instead of
rebooting, you ought to just restart MailScanner.

But mailscanner also has an option in its config file that tells it how
often to restart itself - what do you have that set to?

And it might help if you let us know exactly what you mean by "memory
problems".

--
Trever