Using Sendmail Queue Groups & Per User

Thu Oct 9 23:21:19 IST 2003

Jim,

> Unfortunately, I don't think that's right.  In one of the threads there is
> a reference by Julian to a 'design decision' not to split multiple-
> recipient envelopes apart as being too complicating.  You may think you
> are getting per user capability but the envelope-recipient is controlling
> the behavior for all recipients.

Please search the mailinglist archive. Its mentioned more then once. And
no, he was not talking about the 'design decision'. :) Its pretty clear
what MS can do and cant. I have it running on MTA level (sendmail) and
its running pretty ok.

> As far as the example in CustomConfig.pm that's per domain control and
> only looks at the first recipient, to.  So if there's something else in
> the FAQ, I haven't been able to find it.

On the list archive:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0307&L=mailscanner&P=R40175&I=-1

And on the FAQ:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/169.html

> But the main  thing that I am looking for is to configure an efficient,
> flexible mail relay that can select virus and/or spam scanning on a per
> domain and per user basis.

Have a look in the rulesets...

Bye,
Raymond.