SQL Logging After the Fact {Scanned by HJMS}

Chris Trudeau chris at TRUDEAU.ORG
Tue Oct 7 17:04:45 IST 2003

Trever...

Looked through the archives and through my MailScanner folder and can't seem
to find the CustomerConfig.pm you refer to....could you re-post it at your
convenience?

Thanks!

In addition, I agree that both machines logging to a central db makes sense,
unfortunately, I only have two sites.  So if a pipe goes down, I have the
same problem...I think your suggestion is a good one though.  I could log to
a single database AND add the logging function for each mailscanner
instance...that would alleviate the risk associated with logging to a single
db.

allowing recovery/playback of logfiles...Seems to me as long as the replay
into the database validates timestamp/messageID comparisons and doesn't
allow duplicate entries the process of recovery could be pretty easy.

CT