4.24-5

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Oct 6 19:43:53 IST 2003

Erik

If you are using REdHat using the RPM version makes a lot more sense. It
sounds to me that you are using the tar.gz version which would be suited to
Slackware etc.

What we do is:
1. Create a directory on /home for temporary work files
2. cd /home/work
3. wget blablah.rpm.tar.gz (from the MailScanner site)
4. tar -zxvf blah.rpm.tar.gz
5 cd MailScanner-blah
6 ./install.sh

If your version of perl is ok it will install away without any intervention,
then

Cd /etc/MailScanner

upgrade_Mailscanner_conf

It will give you a simple example of usage

Done

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/