SQL Logging After the Fact

Chris Trudeau chris at TRUDEAU.ORG
Mon Oct 6 20:06:17 IST 2003

I have a primary/secondary configuration as it stands now.

I have all logging happening in realtime using the MailWatch logging
functionality (and I love it)  Thanks Steve.

I am treating these as totally stand alone systems...in that if the primary
fails AT ALL, 100% of mail traffic will fail to the secondary via DNS
weighted MX.

When in a state where the secondary is handling production traffic, the SQL
logging is logging to its own MySQL db so that it is totally independent of
the Primary.

I would like to assimilate all logging data back into the production system
upon successfuly recovery, to ensure I haven't lost any logging information.
Is there a way to log as verbosely to a log file WHILE writing to the temp
logfiles, allowing me to-replay these logs back into the production database
upon recovery or daily or whenever?

Does my request make sense or am I not communicating effectively?

CT