4.24-5

Erik Jakobsen eja at URBAKKEN.DK
Mon Oct 6 19:31:32 IST 2003

Hi.

I tried today to upgrade via the upgrade_Mailscanner_conf file. I'm not
sure with of the 2 options I shall choose, as I always unpack the tar.gz
file using Midnight Commander on my Clarkconnect RedHat 9.0 server.

After the the package has been opened and shows the directory name, I
copy the whole content to /opt, where its placed as /opt/Mailscanner-4.24-5.

I think I just have to rename the 2 directories where the old and the
new MailScanner are placed ?.

What is difficult is to state, which of the 2 ones -rpm or tar.gz I have
used. I am quite sure its the last one, as I unpacked it using the MC as
mentioned uo the lines.

Can anyone help me to get it clear to me ?.
If you are using the RPM distributions then try this:

cd /etc/MailScanner
upgrade_MailScanner_conf MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew >
MailScanner.new
mv MailScanner.conf MailScanner.old
mv MailScanner.new  MailScanner.conf

If you are using the tar distribution so that the old version is in
/opt/MailScanner and the new one is in /opt/MailScanner.new then:

cd /opt/MailScanner.new/etc
../bin/upgrade_MailScanner_conf /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf
/opt/MailScanner.new/etc/MailScanner.conf > MailScanner.new