readqf: cannot open ./d* (including last MailScanner)

Ramon ramon at LINUX-LABS.NET
Mon Oct 6 17:42:02 IST 2003

El lun, 06-10-2003 a las 17:46, Mariano Absatz escribió:
> I'm not sure, but I think this might be due to the following: in batch mode
> (IIRC the default for MailScanner+Sendmail), MS puts all the queue files
> (qfiles & dfiles) from a batch in /var/mqueue, and then manually invokes
> sendmail to deliver them.

What does mean that it manually invokes sendmail? if that means that MS
does a 'sendmail -q' over the mqueue queue then I do not need to have a
cron that does:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -q -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue
Because that is just what MS does, doesn't it?

I have just disable the sendmail -q cron and am waiting for MS to
process the mqueue, if the messages get delivered we've got it.

> However, there's a sendmail process traversing that queue every 15 minutes
> (by default, you can change that).

That's my cron.

> If the automatic sendmail queue processing happens after MS has put a given
> qf+df pair, but before it issues the manual sendmail, the auto sendmail will
> deliver the message and the manual sendmail will fail ('cause its list of
> queue files is manually created within MS).

So the readqf error message is from the sendmail invoked by MS, isnt it?

> I'd say you shouldn't care about that... Otherwise, you can try putting
> MailScanner in queue mode:
> Delivery Method = queue

If what I've just done does not work I will try this.

Thanks!

Ramon Acedo

--
Ramon <ramon at linux-labs.net>