readqf: cannot open ./d* (including last MailScanner)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 18:13:31 IST 2003

At 17:42 06/10/2003, you wrote:
>El lun, 06-10-2003 a las 17:46, Mariano Absatz escribió:
> > I'm not sure, but I think this might be due to the following: in batch
> mode
> > (IIRC the default for MailScanner+Sendmail), MS puts all the queue files
> > (qfiles & dfiles) from a batch in /var/mqueue, and then manually invokes
> > sendmail to deliver them.
>
>What does mean that it manually invokes sendmail? if that means that MS
>does a 'sendmail -q' over the mqueue queue then I do not need to have a
>cron that does:
>/usr/sbin/sendmail -q -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue
>Because that is just what MS does, doesn't it?
>
>I have just disable the sendmail -q cron and am waiting for MS to
>process the mqueue, if the messages get delivered we've got it.

It doesn't attempt to run the whole queue, it just does a delivery attempt
on each of the messages it has just placed in the outgoing queue. You still
need something like
         sendmail -q15m
in order to regularly run your queue. But you never need a cron job as
well, that's just repeating what the "sendmail -q15m" does anyway.

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654