XMail support?

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon Oct 6 07:54:17 IST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 07:31, Sasa Stupar wrote:

>I can bind sendmail to listen to specific ip and port.
>Is there any chance to configure it to use MailScanner?

The basic requirement for an MTA to work with MailScanner is that it has
a queue-only mode and a queue running mode, and that these could be
configured to work with different queues.  It would also need to save
queue files in a format recognised by MailScanner (such as sendmail
df/qf pairs).  If (and thats a big IF) it meets those requirements you
may be in luck, if it doesn't meet the second requirement then you might
be able to hack support in (or perhaps lobby Julian to add support).  If
it doesn't meet the first requirement then you are out of luck (unless
the xmail authors are receptive to adding that functionality).  But it
might just be easier to change MTA?  I did notice on the xmail page that
there are antivirus and spamassassin filters for xmail, you might like
to look at them.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000