Sophos.install -> sweep: relocation error: sweep: undefined symbol: initializeDriveMap

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sun Oct 5 18:36:51 IST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 18:02, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

>wow,
>in _my_ opinion the reasons were given  ;-)

Sorry, I don't mean to start a flame war, having re-read your post you
did provide enough information to determine what your precise issue
was.  I picked up on the 'trust' issue, rather than what you were
actually saying.  My apologies for posting in haste.

You are running an older (unsupported by Red Hat I think) version of
RedHat - maybe you have good reasons, but unless you are prepared to
manually rebuild everything when a package needs a security fix you
maybe should upgrade.

More importantly, if you don't use Julians script to install Sophos you
wilol probably need to tweak the sophos-wrapper script so that it works
with MailScanner.  I'd also suggest tweaking sophos-autoupdate to get it
to work rather than using a home grown script.  The reason for this is
that Julians upgrade scripts actually stop MailScanner processing mail
while the scanner is being updated  (if you must use your own script,
take a look at Julains locking mechanism and include it).  Failing to
apply this lock could cause some odd behavior (or missed viruses) if
scanning a batch of mail and updating the scanner happen at the same
time.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000