Mailscanner vs Spamassassin settings for changing the message headers

Boulytchev, Vasiliy vboulytchev at COINFOTECH.COM
Fri Oct 3 20:06:49 IST 2003

Julian,
        We are not doing anything special.  We are using what Spamassassin does by default...  I just read Kevin's email.  I agree with him.  Here is a snap from what Spamassasin does right now.   THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Content preview:  Copy Any DVD to CD, Easy - Fast - Convenient! You will
  be astonished by what this new, revolutionary software has to offer.
  Fastest Possible Technology 3-Click System Ready in less than 1 min.
  Immediate Download Full Money-back Guarantee Free Lifetime Support and
  Updates [...]

This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been attached along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.

Content analysis details:   (7.20 points, 6 required)
CLICK_BELOW_CAPS   (0.5 points)  BODY: Asks you to click below (in capital letters)
BANG_MORE          (0.7 points)  BODY: Talks about more with an exclamation!
HTML_60_70         (0.1 points)  BODY: Message is 60% to 70% HTML
HTML_MESSAGE       (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML included in message
HTML_LINK_CLICK_CAPS (1.1 points)  BODY: HTML link text says "CLICK"
HTML_FONT_BIG      (0.3 points)  BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3 and up
HTML_FONT_COLOR_BLUE (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML font color is blue HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML link text says "click here" HTML_FONT_COLOR_GRAY (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML font color is gray FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK (3.5 points)  Forged mail pretending to be from MS Outlook
MIME_HTML_ONLY     (0.1 points)  Message only has text/html MIME parts
MISSING_MIMEOLE    (0.5 points)  Message has X-MSMail-Priority, but no X-MimeOLE

The original message did not contain plain text, and may be unsafe to open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus, or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
http://www.coinfotech.com