Forwarding mail

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Wed Oct 1 17:55:09 IST 2003

I do it like this:

Say the domain you want to forward mail for is foo.com

In /etc/mail/relay-domains:

foo.com

In /etc/mail/mailertable

foo.com esmtp:primary.mail.server

hash the files to db

cd /etc/mail;make

Now, in DNS, I remove the MX record for primary.foo.com and replace it with
scanning_host.foo.com

That way, ALL mail gets routed to the MS box...and spammers don't get to hit the
primary.foo.com

Mike