Forwarding mail

Brady A. Tucker batucker at ICNET.NET
Thu Oct 2 04:05:28 IST 2003

You can also add :

define(`SMART_HOST',`YourMain.Mail.Server')

to your sendmail.mc,  rebuild your sendmail.cf,  and setup your MX records
as another suggested here to go only to your MS/SA server.  If you don't use
sendmail.mc   add/edit the  DS line which is probably just  blank now in
your sendmail.cf file.   You would change it from  'DS'  to
'DSYourMain.MailServer' near the top of your sendmail.cf file.

I have 3 MS/SA servers, each with different MX values,  that
accept/scan/spam check,  then forward on to the 'Smart Host'.    The
'SmartHost' is not listed as an MX host in the the DNS records for any of
the domains it checks.

Similar to the other user who said they use mailertables,  if you list your
SmartHost as a secondary MX,  mail WILL get there w/o being scanned.  IMO,
it's better to put up a secondary MS/SA box,  and not list the smarthost as
an MX, if like me your stuck with a final destination host that
doesn't/can't do scanning.

                                      Brady A. Tucker
                                      Internet Complete! inc.
                                      http://www.icnet.net