Correcting mailscanner-mrtg output

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Sat Nov 29 20:30:15 GMT 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Kevin Spicer wrote:
> You don't say what you are using to test.  Maybe this message is
> triggering other content checks (for example Gibe would do that).  Also
> Clam will detect an extra virus if an Iframe exploit is found.

I sent one of those Microsoft Gibe infected messages through.  It
triggered ClamAV, Trend, F-Prot, and MailScanner's Iframe exploit...all
the lights went on!

> I'm open to suggestions about how this could be made more sensible
> (without wrecking anyones historic data).

I think it's working correctly.  I just didn't understand what I was
looking at.  On the detail graph it shows the legend for both the blue and
yellow lines.  The blue says "Infected Mail 4" and the yellow says
"Viruses Detected 1".

Perhaps the blue legend might be changed to something like "Errors
Recorded 4" since there really was only one infected piece of mail???

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer