Correcting mailscanner-mrtg output

Kevin Spicer kevin at KEVINSPICER.CO.UK
Sat Nov 29 20:05:18 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 19:50, Gerry Doris wrote:

>I'm using version 0.06-3.  Perhaps I've been reading this incorrectly.
>sent a virus through and the blue shows a total of four.  I'm assuming
>that is one for each of F-Prot, ClamAV, Trend and MailScanner (upset at
>the executable).  I do see a yellow line at one which from your
>description is correctly showing a single virus.

You don't say what you are using to test.  Maybe this message is
triggering other content checks (for example Gibe would do that).  Also
Clam will detect an extra virus if an Iframe exploit is found.

The blue ares is the sum of 'Virus Scanning: Found x viruses' and 'Other
Checks: Found x problems'.  The yellow line is just the total of 'Found
x viruses'.  A quick look in the maillog should show which lines are
doing what.

I'm open to suggestions about how this could be made more sensible
(without wrecking anyones historic data).
--
Kevin Spicer (kevin AT kevinspicer DOT co DOT uk)

This message is digitally signed using the GNU Privacy Guard.
My public key may be obtained from http://www.keyserver.net