fetchmail

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sun Nov 23 21:44:08 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 18:49, Robert Harpham wrote: Hi

>it seems that sendmail is not seeing my local users properly, i can
>send e-mail to and from my local users with in sendmail localy tho and
>also send it out to the outside world just cant seem to get fetchmail
>and sendmail to work properly.

If it helps here is my fetchmailrc - I use the same ISP as you and also
forward on to sendmail... this works for me...

poll mail.eclipse.co.uk proto POP3 envelope "Envelope-to" localdomains
spicer.eclipse.co.uk kevinspicer.co.uk:
        user kevin at spicer.eclipse.co.uk with pass xxxxxxxx to * here fetchall

Worth noting that the username part of the email address doesn't match
my username, so I alias it with sendmail.