Changing Commands That Start Sendmail

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sun Nov 23 23:08:05 GMT 2003

Don't change the -Ac line, it's for local delivery and does not matter
to MS. I run Solaris and they have one line with -bd and -q, since it's
different queues with MS I have to split it into two lines looking like
this:

/usr/lib/sendmail $MODE -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in &
/usr/lib/sendmail -q$QUEUEINTERVAL -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue &

In the start script for Sendmail on Solaris MODE is -bd and
QUEUEINTERVAL is 15m.

These lines should work for you:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn
-ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -q15m -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue
/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q15m

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.23-11,
SpamAssassin 2.60 + DCC 1.2.9, ClamAV 20030829