MS not logging in Solaris 9

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 17:41:39 GMT 2003

At 04:47 18/11/2003, you wrote:
>Hello Jeff
>
>I am currently running 4.25-8 but have also tried 4.24.5 and if you can
>believe it 1.142.2.51

Version 1? Wow, what are modification dates on the files? (I'm trying to
work out the history of MS).

>  which we still have running on another machine
>(sparc/sol8) and none of the versions do any logging. In 4.25.8 the
>logging errors are now gone however there is still no logging being done.
>
>I'm really starting to think it is a Sol9 problem specifically Sol9 on an
>Intel. I think others are having success with Sol9 on a sparc.

I've got it running on Solaris x86 9, and once I copied in the change from
'unix' to 'stream' then it worked.
Check you syslogd command-line and read 'man syslogd' as there are -t and
-T options which can affect this.

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654