Who owns MIME::Tools? [Was: Re: Error Starting MS in Debog mode]

Tue Nov 18 09:51:31 GMT 2003

Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>

>>I thought I made it clear that I wanted the users of the
>>tar-distribution to benefit from the patched module as well
>>as the RPM users. As you can see by my signature I'm a
>>Solaris user myself. Did you check the link I supplied in my
>>e-mail? It's my understanding that RPM users don't need that
>>page. It's for the rest of us.
>

> I'm beginning to understand you. But I still fail to see how that would
> help e.g. a FreeBSD user. Under FreeBSD you would always use the port
> for Mime:Tools. And this port relys on the CPAN distribution.

not necessarilty always . it's a good starting point, but not used 100%
depending on what you need to do.

perhaps a piece of documentation is needed and update the freebsd port
for MS to take it out of the prerequisites (assuming it's there) and
make the user hand install it! Yes it makes it a little more
'troublesome' to install, but installing MS is hardly rocket science
once you've read the docs (now configuring the thing is a different
matter:-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator