Who owns MIME::Tools? [Was: Re: Error Starting MS in Debog mode]

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 18 09:42:01 GMT 2003

Hi Peter,

> I thought I made it clear that I wanted the users of the
> tar-distribution to benefit from the patched module as well
> as the RPM users. As you can see by my signature I'm a
> Solaris user myself. Did you check the link I supplied in my
> e-mail? It's my understanding that RPM users don't need that
> page. It's for the rest of us.

I'm beginning to understand you. But I still fail to see how that would
help e.g. a FreeBSD user. Under FreeBSD you would always use the port
for Mime:Tools. And this port relys on the CPAN distribution.
Unfortunately this is not fixed so the port is not fixed. Of course I
will write to the port-maintainer (again) to patch the CPAN stuff but
that solution will only help FreeBSD guys.

There are only two good solutions for the problem:

1. Get CPAN and the original module corrected.

2. Do not use it anymore but use something else instead.

Frankly 2 is not really an option, is it?

Regards,
  JP