Message size filters

Christo Bezuidenhout christo at IT4AFRICA.CO.ZA
Mon Nov 17 13:43:12 GMT 2003

MailScanner.conf file entry.

Maximum Message Size = %rules-dir%/messagesize.rule

messagesize.rule
FromOrTo:       user@* 50000
FromOrTo:       default 10000000

I see the message has been picked up as to big when I send a 64K
attachment. Postmaster get the message that it has been blocked. The
sender get the message that it has been blocked, but the receiver get
the warning message with the attached 64K file instead of the
VirusWarning.txt Warning message to it.

The sender get the following message.

Our virus detector failed to completely analyse a message you sent:-
  To: user at domain
  Subject: test
  Date: Mon Nov 17 15:03:41 2003
Any parts of the message that could not be analysed will not have been
delivered.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, we strongly recommend you change
your
outgoing message format from "Rich Text" to "HTML" or "Plain Text".

Message send as HTML

I'm running MS 4.24.5 on RH9 with Sendmail 8.12.10

Any ideas?

Christo