ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.25-7 released
mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 11:49:22 GMT 2003
I've just released the latest beta/unstable version 4.25-7.
Main addition since the last beta is the addition of support for the ClamAV
perl module, which means no external programs have to be started every time
ClamAV is invoked. Should be noticeably faster.
There also a whole bunch of other fixes and additions, which are detailed
in the ChangeLog included below.
Expect a stable release soon, but please do test this version and check
that it works okay. Thanks!
Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info
ChangeLog for 4.25:
* New Features and Improvements *
- Panda version 7.0 supported.
- Added dependency on Net::CIDR module so could add support for more ways of
specifying IP ranges in rulesets. Can now do all of:
- Added support for "disarm" option on all HTML tag detectors, which will
disarm those tags while leaving the rest of the HTML intact.
- Added support for retrieving configuration from LDAP.
- Changed SpamAssassin timeout handler to kill processes and not process group.
- Added support for changing uid, gid and permissions of both Incoming Work
Dir and Quarantine Dir.
- Improved ClamAV parser to handle errors printed when processing viruses
containing corrupted zip files.
- Improved documentation in virus.scanners.conf.
- Improved documentation of "disarm" configuration settings.
- Added optimisation to LDAP ruleset compiler that identifies 1-line rulesets
which hold the default value.
- Added support for Mail::ClamAV perl module, enabling ClamAV to scan without
having to call any external programs at all.
- RPM distribution install.sh script now checks and creates pod2text properly.
- Fixed bug whereby the same message files could be deleted more than once,
which could delete unprocessed messages using MTAs that name files after
the inode and not the time.
- Syslogging should now start successfully on all versions of Solaris and IRIX.
- Bug fix in Postfix file handling code from Stefan Baltus which will
hopefully patch up the last Solaris Postfix problem.
- Fixed bug that broke rulesets in earlier betas.
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
More information about the MailScanner