Misuse of my domain.

Rick Cooper rcooper at DIMENSION-FLM.COM
Sun Nov 9 17:44:33 GMT 2003

I use exim so I am not really qualified to explain how postfix blocks at
RCPT time, but I know there is a webmin module for postfix and I am willing
to bet that would simplify administration. There is a tutorial for postfix
admin via webmin at http://www.swelltech.com/support/webminguide/

Or you can look at postfix config examples at
http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/postfix-anti-UCE.txt
http://www.bagley.org/~doug/spam/postfix.shtml

In my opinion sender verification and requiring local users to authenticate
before sending mail is basic setup 101. Especially the local user
authentication.

To do a good test of the relay control in your current configuration log in
to the mail server console and : telnet relay-test.mail-abuse.org
they will then run through a bunch of relay hacks against your MTA and
report to you, via the telnet session, the results of each test. If you fail
even one you need to resolve the problem ASAP as it would mean you are
definatly an open relay (and thus a real problem)

And, of course, join the postfix mail list :-)

> >> In your MailScanner.conf find the line: Is Definitely Spam =
> >> and change it to: Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules
> >

> --
> Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
> Erik Jakobsen - eja at urbakken.dk.
> Licensed radioamateur with the callsign OZ4KK.
> SuSE Linux 8.2 Proff.
> Registered as user #319488 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.