Spam notice

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Fri Nov 7 21:08:36 GMT 2003

> Derek Winkler wrote:
>
> My own version of the Spam digest, reads the quarantine directory for
> the spam folders, reads the qf files for the information for the
> digest. A central server pulls the list of stored spam from each of
> the MX hosts and creates the report for each user.
>
> Since the stored qf and df files don't include the MailScanner headers
> it hard to get the score for inclusion in the report.

I had the same situation, until enough people asked about the spam
score.  I now have my script pull the day's logs from /var/log/syslog
and then search for the email id/SpamAssassin score entry and add it to
the email notification.

grep $emailMessageID /tmp/syslog.SpamAssassin | sed "s/^.*SpamAssassin
(score=//" | sed 's/,.*$//'

Dustin

--
Dustin Baer