postdrop < messagefile for sendmail?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 18:30:12 GMT 2003

At 16:54 07/11/2003, you wrote:
> [...]

If you have those files, they have been saved as raw queue files. So all
you need to do is move or copy the pair of files into /var/spool/mqueue,
and then optionally do
         sendmail -qIxxxxx
where xxxxx is any part of the qf/df filename (except the "qf" or "df"
itself). If you don't do that, it will get delivered by sendmail the next
time it runs the queue anyway. It just won't be instant.

Oh, and the I in qIxxxxx is a capital eye, not an el or a one.
--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654