New feature request

Robert Waldner waldner at WALDNER.PRIV.AT
Thu Nov 6 22:32:30 GMT 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:12:54 GMT, Julian Field writes:
>Incoming Work Umask = 0600
>Quarantine Umask = 0600
>
>Those would be the default values.
>I will insist on them being octal so that "man 2 chmod" explains the settings.
>
>Can someone write me a brief description of how to construct a sensible
>number depending on what you want to do (kind of summary docs in 5 - 10
>lines) so I can put it in the MailScanner.conf file.

Sorry, didn't have time before.

# If you want processes running under the same *group* as MailScanner to
# be able to read the quarantined files (and list what is in the
# directories, of course), set to 0640. If you want *all* other users to
# be able to read them, set to 0644. For a detailed description, if
# you're not already familiar with it, refer to `man 2 chmod`.
# Typical use: let the webserver have access to the files so users can
# download them if they really want to. Use with care, you might open
# security holes.

# If you want processes running under the same *group* as MailScanner to
# be able to read the working files (and list what is in the
# directories, of course), set to 0640. If you want *all* other users to
# be able to read them, set to 0644. For a detailed description, if
# you're not already familiar with it, refer to `man 2 chmod`.
# Typical use: external helper programs of virus scanners, like
# unpackers. Use with care, you might open security holes.

Good enough?

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
-- Pinky: I think so, Brain, but if they called