OT: Linux Distrobutions?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Mon Nov 3 20:38:38 GMT 2003

Can I squeak in one more question on this off-topic topic before it goes
away?

Did Fedora exist (and actually get used by anyone) before "redhat linux"
went away?  I have actually built up a considerable level of trust in
redhat's development and stability over the years, and I don't mind
extending that trust through a simple name change - but I have a hard time
with the idea of just extending that trust to a merger of two projects, one
of which I had never even heard of before the merger.

Off-list replies welcome...