ZMailer update patch

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Mon May 26 16:47:26 IST 2003

Hi Julian,

I did a small modification to the zmailer code in MailScanner.

ZMailer's router wants its queue file names to be the files' inode number. As
MailScanner creates a new queue file (in order to put the new headers),
MailScanner::ZMailer::HDOutFileName does a 'stat' of the new file to find out
the new file name, and then MailScanner::ZMDiskStore::WriteHeader does a
rename to this new file.

This is working OK from the start, but there is no logging of such a renaming
happening, and the new file name (which is used as message id) is never
recorded.

I did a very small patch that doesn't modify outside behaviour, but changes a
little the way where the new filename is built, which allows me to do a
MailScanner::Log::InfoLog for every message, so everyone can track the
messages thru smtpserver/mailscanner/router _and_ I also add a new attribute
to the message object with this ($message->{newid}) so I can have it at my
"Always Looked Up Last" routine...

It is now in production and working fine.

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby