Bitdefender virus scanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 27 11:26:03 IST 2003

At 15:48 26/05/2003, you wrote:
>On updating Bitdefender...
>
>I just downloaded it from their site.  Somewhere, I found that to update
>the sigs, you change to /usr/local/bd7/shared and run "bdc --update".  It
>just says there's no update available, but that may be because I just
>grabed the file today.  Hope this helps.

Hmmm, feel the quality....

[root shared]# ./bdc --update
BDC/Linux-Console i386 v6.5.2 (Apr 22 2002 16:20:08)
Copyright (C) 1996-2001 SOFTWIN SRL. All rights reserved.

No update available.
[root shared]#

and that's on a machine that has never had that command run, and bd7 was
installed weeks ago. Over a month with no updates? Really? These guys
should take up burning £10 notes, I'm sure it would be less effort than
selling software like this and would be just about as useful.
--
Julian Field