sophoswrappers problem

Alisdair Davey ard at pergamentum.com
Tue May 20 19:33:03 IST 2003

I just "fixed" this on one Linux system running MailScanner 3.12 +
Sophos 3.68. [This despite the fact it works perfectly on other
systems.] To make it work you can comment out the definition of SAV_IDE
in the sophoswrapper startup script. Whether SAV_IDE is meant to point
to the IDE directory is debatable. Or you can make SAV_IDE the same as
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. However sweep will not load any IDE files. Use the
-idedir= option of sweep to specify the path to the IDE files. Then it
it will work as before.

This problem I think surfaced with the update to 3.68. The definition of
SAV_IDE pointing to the lib and not the ide directory in the Sophos tree
is consistent with the unix installation documentation (dated 2001).

It's working but I'm confused.
Cheers
Alisdair

--