User controlled whitelist/blacklist

Richard Lynch rich at MAIL.WVNET.EDU
Thu May 15 22:20:11 IST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 06:41, Julian Field wrote:
> Okay, I admit I was waiting for someone to say that ;-)
> You are quite right, you can't have rulesets that point to rulesets.
>
> The per-domain and per-user (and per-IP) black/whitelist support is done
> via Custom Functions in CustomConfig.pm. Take a look in there and you'll
> find everything you need to get this going.
>
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Ok, I've been looking at the CustomConfig.pm comments and code and it
looks pretty straight forward to setup.  I'm not much of a Perl
programmer though so I couldn't tell from the code if the
black/whitelist support handles wildcard entries.  For examble, is an
entry of *.xyz.com allowed?  What about IP prefixes such as 10.10.3. ?

Thanks.

--
Richard Lynch <rich at mail.wvnet.edu>