User controlled whitelist/blacklist

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 15 22:31:29 IST 2003

At 22:20 15/05/2003, you wrote:
>On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 06:41, Julian Field wrote:
> > Okay, I admit I was waiting for someone to say that ;-)
> > You are quite right, you can't have rulesets that point to rulesets.
> >
> > The per-domain and per-user (and per-IP) black/whitelist support is done
> > via Custom Functions in CustomConfig.pm. Take a look in there and you'll
> > find everything you need to get this going.
> >
> > --
> > Julian Field
> > www.MailScanner.info
> > MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>

>Ok, I've been looking at the CustomConfig.pm comments and code and it
>looks pretty straight forward to setup.  I'm not much of a Perl
>programmer though so I couldn't tell from the code if the
>black/whitelist support handles wildcard entries.  For examble, is an
>entry of *.xyz.com allowed?  What about IP prefixes such as 10.10.3. ?

No, it doesn't. It just does simple lookups for speed.

This is the matching code: it shows that just the "From" address (envelope
sender), the domain of that address and the exact IP address are tested.
You can specify a whitelist/blacklist for an individual email address or an
individual domain.

I might expand this later to allow IP prefixes and possibly domain
suffixes, but I have no immediate plans for this. Feel free to add to the
code yourselves!

   return 1 if $BlackWhite->{$to}{$from};
   return 1 if $BlackWhite->{$to}{$fromdomain};
   return 1 if $BlackWhite->{$to}{$ip};
   return 1 if $BlackWhite->{$todomain}{$from};
   return 1 if $BlackWhite->{$todomain}{$fromdomain};
   return 1 if $BlackWhite->{$todomain}{$ip};

--
Julian Field