User controlled whitelist/blacklist

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 15 11:41:35 IST 2003

At 00:12 15/05/2003, you wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 May 2003, Matthew Bowman wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Has anyone written a Web Based program that will allow a client to update
> > > their own spam.whitelist.rules and/or spam.blacklist.rules ?
> > >
> > > My future config will be (assuming this syntax is correct)
> > >
> > > Is Definitely Not Spam = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules

> > > To:     udcom.com       /etc/Mailscanner/rules/udcom.whitelist.rules

> > > From:   @adomain.tld    yes
> > >

> > > If there was a program that could just edit their own
> > > domain.whitelist.rules that would be magic. Naturally the only person
> that
> > > has write access is
> > > a userid that I assign them.
> > >
> > > Anyone got something that they are using ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Matthew
> > >

>Is this actually valid?  I didn't think you could have a rules file with
>entries which point to another rules file.  I would really like to have
>separate whitelists/blacklists for different domains but can't figure
>out a way to do it.
>
>I just tried something like the above and got syntax errors.
>
> >May 14 18:56:52 barney MailScanner[16787]: Syntax error in line 22 of
>ruleset file /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules for keyword
>spamblacklist
> >May 14 18:56:52 barney MailScanner[16787]: Aborting due to syntax
>errors in /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules.
>
>Is this not possible or is it that I just don't know how to do it?

Okay, I admit I was waiting for someone to say that ;-)
You are quite right, you can't have rulesets that point to rulesets.

The per-domain and per-user (and per-IP) black/whitelist support is done
via Custom Functions in CustomConfig.pm. Take a look in there and you'll
find everything you need to get this going.

--
Julian Field