User controlled whitelist/blacklist

Richard Lynch rich at MAIL.WVNET.EDU
Thu May 15 00:12:04 IST 2003

> On Wed, 14 May 2003, Matthew Bowman wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Has anyone written a Web Based program that will allow a client to update
> > their own spam.whitelist.rules and/or spam.blacklist.rules ?
> >
> > My future config will be (assuming this syntax is correct)
> >
> > Is Definitely Not Spam = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules

> > To:     udcom.com       /etc/Mailscanner/rules/udcom.whitelist.rules

> > From:   @adomain.tld    yes
> >

> > If there was a program that could just edit their own
> > domain.whitelist.rules that would be magic. Naturally the only person that
> > has write access is
> > a userid that I assign them.
> >
> > Anyone got something that they are using ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Matthew

Is this actually valid?  I didn't think you could have a rules file with
entries which point to another rules file.  I would really like to have
separate whitelists/blacklists for different domains but can't figure
out a way to do it.

I just tried something like the above and got syntax errors.

>May 14 18:56:52 barney MailScanner[16787]: Syntax error in line 22 of
ruleset file /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules for keyword
spamblacklist
>May 14 18:56:52 barney MailScanner[16787]: Aborting due to syntax
errors in /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules.

Is this not possible or is it that I just don't know how to do it?

Thanks.

--
Richard Lynch <rich at mail.wvnet.edu>