ports for razor et. al

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu May 15 20:25:01 IST 2003

Gang,
   I run ipfilter (http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html)
on my Sun box, as well as MailScanner, SA 2.54, Razor2.  My ipfilter
ruleset is "default block everything" with "pass" in/out rules for
what I need.  For razor, I added two rules:

pass out quick on hme0 proto tcp from [my IP] to any port = 7 keep state
pass out quick on hme0 proto tcp from [my IP] to any port = 2703 keep state

Something, but not much, happens on port 7.  Since reloading my ipfilter
rules yesterday morning, "ipfstat -oh" says that exactly 10 packets
have gone out port 7.  So razor probably pings its servers every so
often.

--- Jeff Earickson