spamassassin 2.53 & MailScanner

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Fri May 9 19:30:51 IST 2003

Stupid question maybe, but I see lots of messages about DCC. What is DCC
and where can I find it?

Is it similar to SpamAssassin and something that is installed on the side
to? What must be done to get it working?

(Probably this is something for a FAQ?)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Desai, Jason wrote:

> I am not a spamassassin expert, but from what I can tell by looking at the
> list of tests it does (http://spamassassin.rediris.es/tests.html), many
> tests score lower with "net".  I assume that "net" means you do some sort of
> check over the internet, such as an RBL lookup or a DCC check.  So if you
> only do RBL lookups but not DCC, Razor2, or Pyzor, some tests will score
> even lower and may result in email not being tagged as spam.
>
> I was seeing a lot of spam get through until I installed DCC, Razor2, and
> Pyzor.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jason

believed to be clean.