MailScanner and SA+Bayes - bug fixed??

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Wed Mar 26 14:10:39 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating MailScanner to replace our existing mail solution
and I've been having problems getting the bayes part of SA to work with
MailScanner since 2.50 came out, all I get is a single file called
bayes_toks.db which is empty, and nothing else - yet bayes runs fine when I
call spamassasin from the command-line.

I'm running MS 4.12-2 and have been waiting to SA 2.52 to come out to see if
this cured the problem I had with SA bayes and MailScanner - it didn't, so I
decided to have a look at the MailScanner source, and realised that in SA.pm
there is a line that says 'use AnyDBM_File; # doing this here keeps
SpamAssassin quiet' - I've changed this to say 'use DB_File;' instead, and
this seems to have cured my problem - I now see all the bayes* files
(without the .db extension), and the bayes_msgcount is growing as it should.

I'm not sure why this was causing a problem - as my Perl isn't really up to
much - but I thought if anyone else was having the same problem - this might
help.

Kind regards,

Steve
--