How to stop every exe from being flagged as a virus?

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Wed Mar 26 14:03:23 GMT 2003

> Is there any way to stop having every .exe attachment from
> being shot down in flames? We have a few users who transfer
> files back and forth, so it's been an issue for them. I'm
> using mailscanner with f-prot on redhat 8.

Look for the exe line in filename.rules.conf (in /opt/MailScanner/etc or
equivalent) and comment it out. If you want to do this on a
per-user/per-domain basis, you will have to work with rulesets and
different filename.rules.conf files.

Regards,
  JP