Online Spam test dosen't work

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 25 20:41:04 GMT 2003

At 20:30 25/03/2003, you wrote:
>Any Spamtestmails that i send by
>http://www.declude.com/tools/spamsend.html doesen't mark as spam
>(spamscore <1)!
>with mailscanner 3.27 and sa 2.50 any mails tagged as spam (spamscore >5)
>why?

Short answer is I don't know. I suggest you ask the SpamAssassin folks.
Simple things like bad dates shouldn't trigger spam traps on their own,
there are email apps out there in use that create badly formatted dates.
Using that alone as a trigger is very dangerous and will cause lots of
false alarms.

It appears that the declude folks have created a set of tests that exactly
match the few particular things they look for in messages. SpamAssassin is
a lot cleverer than that, it executes loads of tests and uses a scoring
system to calculate how likely the message is to be spam. It doesn't
trigger on 1 feature alone, unlike the declude product.

If you want to pay declude for an inferior product, feel free :-)

--
Julian Field