Disabling virus scanning for outbound e-mail w/ attachments

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Fri Mar 21 16:55:34 GMT 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Julian Field wrote:
> Set
> Filename Rules = /etc/MailScanner/rules/filename.rules.rules
>
> In that file put this:
>
> From:   domain.com      /etc/MailScanner/allow.everything
> FromOrTo:       default         /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
>
> In the "allow.everything" file put this:
> allow   .       -       -
> (remembering to put tabs between each of the 4 words on that line).
>
> This has created a ruleset so that mail from domain.com gets the
> "allow.everything" filename rules file. Everyone else gets the normal
> "filename.rules.conf".
>
> The "allow.everything" file just works by having 1 rule which will match
> any filename, allowing it.

This would be good to add to the FAQ or the rule examples.  :)

OT question: Does anyone have a good URL explaining how to deal with
Outlook not seeing standard attachments (like from pine)?  I've googled
quite a bit and all I've found so far is hundreds of pages dealing with
Outlook sending nonstandard attachments, but my problem is the other way
around.

--
</chris>

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It
will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.
-Robert Maynard Hutchins, educator (1899-1977)