Attachments in Outlook (was Disabling virus scanning for outbound e-mail...)

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Fri Mar 21 23:02:25 GMT 2003

| OT question: Does anyone have a good URL explaining how to deal with
| Outlook not seeing standard attachments (like from pine)?  I've googled
| quite a bit and all I've found so far is hundreds of pages dealing with
| Outlook sending nonstandard attachments, but my problem is the other way
| around.

Is it a case of Outlook 2002 (or 2000 w/sp) blocking access to them? What
are the filenames (or more specifically, the extensions)? Have a look at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290497

and see if that's the problem.