postfix compatability?

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at PA.NET
Tue Mar 4 19:55:00 GMT 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> Any chance of you publishing all your scripts to make your setup work? They
> would help a lot of people.

The perl scripts, along with our master.cf file, are in the attached archive.
Yes, the scripts can be improved to run more quickly or converted to C, but they
are working well enough for us.

The final piece is to set the Sendmail2 config option to
"/usr/local/spoolerator/despool.pl", while leaving the MTA as sendmail.
(Naturally, one can change the location of these scripts to whatever fits your
local preferences.)

One of our design goals was to minimize hacking on either postfix or
MailScanner.  With only a single line change in MailScanner.conf and two lines
in /etc/postfix/master.cf, I believe we succeeded in that design goal.

Leland

ps:  Be sure to set the spool.pl file to point to the appropriate directories.
pps:  Test, test, and test again before fielding this on a live system!!!