Symantec AntiVirus Command Line Scanner

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Fri Jun 27 16:47:33 IST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 11:35, Peter Peters wrote:

> My experience with Symantec is they seem to be a few days behind f-prot
> in releasing new definitions and they only allow a limited number of
> updates a week (I believe 4 or was that a day?). I have had days with 3
> f-prot updates whereas Symantec hardly managed to get an update the next
> day.

Symantec has an odd way of doing it.  They release "normal" updates only
once a week, on Wed (LiveUpdate). If you pay for support, you can get
increasingly greater access to newer alerts.  If it's a big outbreak,
they may update all support schemes outside that weekly schedule.  I'm
pretty sure that's how they do it.

--
Thomas J. DuVally
Lead Systems Prog.