MailScanner issue with postfix

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Thu Jun 26 11:47:49 IST 2003

Hello all...

>The MailScanner doesn't take any mails from /var/postfix.in./deferred
>your configuration seems to be the same as my.
>I've no idea what to do.

Apologies for not necessarily having an answer, but I note that various people here talking about Postfix and MS are running quite old versions (one a 1999 snapshot), and also Postfix 1.x...

I'm running (now in production) fine with Postfix 2.x and MS. although I must admit I'm using a weird tweak of header_checks and HOLD than the two queue directories generally suggested...

I presume that all the people with problems are seeing the mail enter correctly into the 'deferred' directory? If so, it would then imply that MS just doesn't recognise their format before moving them to 'incoming' to scan... ?