Translation request - French

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Jun 25 16:52:59 IST 2003

Le mer 25/06/2003 à 11:38, Francois Caen a écrit :
> [...]

Well, reading French without accents can be quite difficult and result
in big errors...

> > Formulaire HTML détecté dans ce courriel
>
> Arg! "Courriel"! That's so cheesy :-)
> I'm not a big fan of these fake French words designed to replace English technical terms. Like "'emèle", "cédérom",...

Courriel comes from the words courrier and électronique.  I like it much
more than mél but I agree that cédérom and the like are pretty bad.

Same thing for polluriel and pourriel (spam).  Most people use pourriel
but I prefer polluriel so my MS translations use it! 8-)

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Universit�de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.