Smooth upgrade to 4.21-9

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Fri Jun 6 19:08:50 IST 2003

> >I noticed new messages in my maillog:
> >Jun  6 11:28:32 smtp3 MailScanner[27147]: Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
> >Jun  6 11:28:32 smtp3 MailScanner[27147]: Cannot match against destination
> >IP address when resolving configuration option "spamactions"
> >Jun  6 11:28:32 smtp3 MailScanner[27147]: Spam Actions: message
> >h56FSUX31319 actions are xxx at usherbrooke.ca,forward,deliver
> >
> >Can I do anything about the destination IP unresolved?  It used the
> >default rule, which is what I expected.
>
> You don't know the destination IP address until *after* you have actually
> delivered the message. It all depends on what MX hosts are available on the
> destination site. So you cannot match against it.

I'm not sure I understand what you said.  Is it that what I am trying to
do is doomed to fail every time?

This is what I use:
Spam Actions = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.action.rules

/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.action.rules: