SpamAssassin timed out and was killed... box too slow?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Thu Jun 5 13:46:21 IST 2003

Vasantha Narayanan <vnarayan at HAVERFORD.EDU> wrote:

> When I reduced it to 1 child process, I did not get the error for over 3
>hours.  But a lot of mail got accumulated in the incoming mail queue that
>I had to stop MailScanner and restart it without SpamAssassin to process
>the mail.

One child process is too few to make full use of the machine.

Tony.
COLWYN BAY TO THE MULL OF GALLOWAY INCLUDING THE ISLE OF MAN: SOUTHWEST 4
LOCALLY 5 IN SOUTH BACKING SOUTH 5 OR 6, VEERING SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4
LATER. DRY, FAIR, BECOMING CLOUDY, RAIN LATER. GOOD FALLING MODERATE IN RAIN.
SLIGHT TO MODERATE INCREASING MODERATE, LATER SLIGHT.